Friday, August 24, 2012

The Longest Journey

I felt like Anouk in the movie Chocolat. My mother was bound to change places every time the wind of the North came to town and I had to change with her. She is my fortress and my deepest weakness.

Change is not easy, most of the time it requires will and a lot of hard work. People you knew and trust are no longer near you. It's only my mother, me and my destiny.

With these changes comes a deep sense of loneliness and today was no different from the past days. Discomfort was a constant feeling and my thoughts were clouded by the pain brought by solitude.

I went for a walk around the lake thinking that everyone has been in this situation at least once in their life. I was counting the things that I had and lost until I just raised my head to gaze at the sky and in a moment... Everything was clear.

When did hard work ever stopped me from being happy? Every star in the sky was a metaphor for another place to see and visit... Life is nothing if not a journey.

I had to hold on to that feeling.

--A. Dreamer

No comments:

Post a Comment